Everybody Oughta Know!
Here are some exciting updates about our MAF Vacation Bible School (VBS). Our curriculum offers a unique combination of personal Bible learning for elementary school-aged children along with an introduction to the world of mission aviation.
Here’s what’s been happening and what’s next in regards to our VBS:
Phase 1 – accomplishments since the start of our project:
- Entire curriculum written from scratch – Betty Saunders
- 2 original songs created – “Everybody Oughta Know” and “With All Your Heart”
- Existing MAF videos edited/repurposed, 2 sing-a-long videos created – Paul O’Brien
- Main stage sets built
- Curriculum reviewed and proofed – Chris Burgess
- Photo/video shoot of sets and characters – Paul O’Brien, Will White, Cindy Green
- VBS logo and many resources created
- Manuals formatted and designed – Clayton Borah, Alex
- VBS starter kit created
- 4 churches piloted the VBS (photos from Cole Community Church’s VBS are below)
Phase 2 – started October 1, 2018. Here are some of our ideas and tasks to make the VBS even better:
- Create 3 more songs
- Create videos with hand motions
- Revise the VBS logo
- Rewrite some of the content to focus on learning who Jesus is
- Simplify our current starter kit
- Packaging for the VBS kit and resources
- Build a pre-school curriculum
- Create a VBS microsite
As of today, we are moving our launch of the MAF VBS to the end of 2019 to give us time to finish the many tasks which are part of phase 2. We want this project to be done with excellence! With that being said, here are some things I’ve learned along the way:
- Creating a VBS program takes a lot of time, talent and collaboration.
- We’re on to something that could have great impact in the lives of kids and their future.
- Teaching kids about missions and MAF is exciting and rewarding!
If you have any questions about our VBS program, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks!